YOUR ALABAMA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Bwfmedia.com qualifies for the alternative option by allowing you to opt-out or opt in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes as described below. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a Alabama resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send an email request to email@example.com with the phrase “Your Alabama Privacy Rights” in the subject line. The response will be sent to the email address from which the request was received. We will not accept requests via postal mail, the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
How Does Brainwave Fusion Media Collect and Use Information About You?
The information learned from Bwfmedia.com’s users, members and customers helps Brainwave Fusion Media personalize and continually improve your experience at Bwfmedia.com. Here are the types of information Brainwave Fusion Media gathers and how this information is used:
Automatic Information: Brainwave Fusion Media receives and stores certain types of Automatic Information whenever you interact with Bwfmedia.com. Here are the types of Automatic Information Brainwave Fusion Media gathers and how it is used:
IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a unique identifier used to connect your computer to the Internet. Your IP address also is stored in Bwfmedia.com’s user registration databases when you register with Bwfmedia.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
• Help Brainwave Fusion Media identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
• Diagnose service or technology problems reported by Bwfmedia.com users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP.
• Estimate the total number of users visiting Bwfmedia.com from specific countries or regions of the world.
• Track visits to and business at Bwfmedia.com’s stores.
• Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that Bwfmedia.com hosts.
Web Beacons: Web pages may contain electronic images (called a “single-pixel GIF” or “Web beacon”) that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Brainwave Fusion Media uses Web beacons in the following ways:
• Within Bwfmedia.com in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing Bwfmedia.com cookies.
• To personalize your experience when you visit Bwfmedia.com.
• Mobile Device Unique Identifier: Bwfmedia.com may from time to time provide services that allow users to access and customize Internet content through mobile phones, PDAs and other alternative devices. These devices may collect different information than what is collected by computers.
• When connecting to Bwfmedia.com using a mobile device that provides Internet access, if the mobile device service provider uniquely identifies the device, Brainwave Fusion Media will receive this information.
• Brainwave Fusion Media may use this unique mobile device identification information to offer extended services and/or functionality.
• Certain Bwfmedia.com services may require collection of the phone number for your device. Brainwave Fusion Media may associate that phone number to the mobile device identification information.
• Some mobile phone service providers in the United States are required to operate a system that will pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service.
• Depending on the provider and if you are located in the United States, Brainwave Fusion Media may automatically receive this information.
• Brainwave Fusion Media may use and store this information to provide enhanced location-based services as well as to serve location-targeted advertising.
Personal Information: Brainwave Fusion Media also receives and stores information that personally identifies you. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at Bwfmedia.com include: name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, billing address, shipping address, product selections, order number, referring URL, IP address, password, username, how you got to know about Bwfmedia.com, gender, occupation, personal interests, your age and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services. You voluntarily provide this personally identifiable information when you enter it on Bwfmedia.com to sign up as a member of Bwfmedia.com, whether in connection with a newsletter subscription, when you enter a sweepstakes, promotion or contest and/or other special benefits.
At Bwfmedia.com, you can submit personally identifiable information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and email address to email a Bwfmedia.com news story and, if you are located in the United States, order a gift on Bwfmedia.com and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected and stored about other people at Bwfmedia.com include: recipient’s name, address, email address and telephone number. Brainwave Fusion Media does not knowingly share with, rent, transfer or sell personally identifiable information that you submit about other people to any third parties or nonaffiliated entities.
If you would like to update the information you provide in your membership account or unsubscribe to newsletters, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. New categories of marketing communications may be added to the account preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive. Brainwave Fusion Media reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to Brainwave Fusion Media services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Bwfmedia.com newsletter without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
If you are located in the United States and make a purchase on Bwfmedia.com, Brainwave Fusion Media will collect and store your personally identifiable information. When processing an order on Bwfmedia.com, Brainwave Fusion Media needs to know your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, product selection, order number, credit card number, security code and expiration date. This information is necessary to process your order and to keep you updated on your shipping status. Brainwave Fusion Media may share such information with companies that help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Brainwave Fusion Media’s policies.
Does Brainwave Fusion Media Ever Share Information with Other Parties?
• Brainwave Fusion Media provides the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Brainwave Fusion Media and under confidentiality arrangements. These companies may use your personal information to help Brainwave Fusion Media communicate with you about offers from Brainwave Fusion Media and our marketing partners.
• Brainwave Fusion Media responds to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Brainwave Fusion Media’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• Brainwave Fusion Media may also disclose information about you if it determines that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
• Brainwave Fusion Media displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria (for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area). By interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Bwfmedia.com may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than the information practices of Brainwave Fusion Media. Users who click over to a third party site from a link on Bwfmedia.com must be aware that Brainwave Fusion Media makes no warranties with regard to that site’s policies or business practices. Brainwave Fusion Media is not responsible for any transactions that occur between the user and the third party site. Please consult the other sites’ privacy policies, as Brainwave Fusion Media has no control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Should a user purchase any products or services from that third party site, the user must contact the third party site directly regarding any disputes that might occur, including but not limited to delayed shipping, missing products, damaged goods or pricing and billing discrepancies. Brainwave Fusion Media is not responsible for the actions of any third-party site.
Business Transfers: As Brainwave Fusion Media continues to develop its business, it might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Brainwave Fusion Media or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
It is possible that due to fraud or deception by others, Brainwave Fusion Media may unknowingly receive information pertaining to children under the age of 13. If Brainwave Fusion Media is notified of this, once Brainwave Fusion Media has verified the information, Brainwave Fusion Media will promptly delete the information from its servers or otherwise obtain parental consent.
Public Forums: Bwfmedia.com has chat rooms, forums, message boards and newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information, personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Brainwave Fusion Media is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. As these forums are public and open for users to interact with each other, Brainwave Fusion Media expects all its users to respect the rights of others.
Consent to International Information Transfers: Bwfmedia.com is operated in the United States and is intended for viewing solely in the United States. While Brainwave Fusion Media is committed to providing your information with a high level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to Brainwave Fusion Media will be transferred to the United States. By using Bwfmedia.com, participating in any Bwfmedia.com services and/or providing Brainwave Fusion Media with personally identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer and the collection and processing of information in the United States.